ALL EXHIBITS – ALL DEPARTMENTS – ALL DIVISIONS
All Fair Premiums Will Be Mailed
- The Jefferson County Fair Association reserves the right to cancel or modify with or without notice, any or all of the provisions, premiums or purses specified in this premium book without recourse, if required to do so by strikes, war, weather or other conditions beyond our control.
- All entries must be made in the name of a bona fide owner of the animal or article. All exhibitors of articles entered for premiums must deliver same to their proper department. Only one entry per class allowed per exhibitor, except in livestock. No premiums will be paid if exhibit is removed before release time. Premiums will be held until exhibitor cleans exhibit space.
- All Livestock must be preregistered and are to be entered between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Saturday, August 19 and will be released between 1:00 and 9:00 a.m., Sunday, August 27.
- All Rabbits & Poultry are to be preregistered and entered between 10:00 am and 3:00 p.m., Saturday, August 19 and will be released between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 27.
- All other exhibits are to be entered between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Saturday, August 19 and remain until Saturday, August 26, 9:30 p.m.
- All protests must be made in writing and filed with the Fair Board Secretary or Manager on or before the last day of the Fair at the Fair office.
- No Judge is permitted to change an award after it has been awarded.
- It will be the decision of the judges whether an entry receives a placing.
- The Board of Directors of the Jefferson County Fair Association will exercise all possible precautions against outbreak of fire, theft or accidents. However, they will not assume any responsibility for loss to person or property.
- Special awards are awarded by Sponsor, not by Fair Association, unless otherwise listed.
- A tie for the most blue ribbons award will be broken as follows: Most Blue Ribbons; Most Red Ribbons; Most White Ribbons; Most Exhibits. If a tie cannot be broken, names will be placed in a hat and one name will be drawn.
- Any attempt or action to influence, intimidate or threaten any officer, employee, judge or other fair official will not be tolerated and should be reported to the fair officials immediately. Exhibitors, parents of exhibitors, patrons or others who
commit such actions will be disqualified from competition and/or future competition, will forfeit any earned premiums or other awards, and may be asked to remove all exhibits from the Fair.
- Drop or extension cords, if necessary, must be 14-2 or larger and U.L. rated for outdoor use
- The Fair welcomes ADA Service Animals. The fair does not allow Therapy, Emotional Support animals and all other pets on the fairgrounds.
Jefferson County Fair Political Non-Participation Policy:
The Jefferson County Fair Association, Inc., was organized “To promote, sponsor, and direct a County Fair, and to do any and all things necessary for the promotion, sponsorship and direction of said Fair, including the awarding of prizes for exhibits to be shown at said Fair,
the charging of admission rates, the exhibition of agricultural and horticultural products and any and all things generally and commonly done in connection with the putting on of a county fair.”
Jefferson County Fair Association, Inc. (JCFA) is a nonprofit corporation. JCFA does not participate or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office. JCFA may not, and does not, endorse any candidate or ballot proposal, provide or solicit financial or other support for candidates or political organizations, or establish political action committees. None of its board members, officers, volunteers, or resources can be used for partisan political purposes-that is, to support or oppose any candidate running for public office.
The comments, views, positions or activities of any board member, officer, employee or volunteer who speaks or writes in their individual capacity, even outside official tax-exempt functions, are not intended to, and do not represent the views of JCFA.